About

This is the project blog of Multilingual NetBeans Community Docs Program- a community documentation project which has grown in leaps-and-bounds since it was launched in March, 2007. We have had high quality contributions and more enthusiastic community members.


We have stopped publishing weekly newsletters, however we started off publishing monthly one's instead. Scroll down for latest posts on this blog!

Last Updated: Oct 14, 2009

Monday, May 12, 2008

NetBeans Community Docs Spotlight - Jay Mahadeokar

Hello all,

Its time to give Spotlight again, this time we head to India after a long time! It was way back in December, that we had given spotlight to an Indian contributor. This time around, we encountered Jay Mahadeokar, who is from Nagpur, Maharashtra in India! He's been doing great contributions, all being tutorials. Have a look;
  1. Using RMS to create Expenses utility for Mobiles
  2. Opening Images within Netbeans using JAI API
  3. Creating simple Image Bean using Bean functionality in NetBeans 6.1
  4. JSF Crud Generator in NetBeans 6.1

Now, time for some rapid fire questions, and his answers are -

What do you do?
I am a student, study Computer Science, in 3rd Year, at Shri Ramdeobaba Kamla Nehru Engineering College, Nagpur, India. I like coding and exploring new technologies.I am an uncompromising Manchester United fan and in free time, I read novels, go out with friends, watch movies...

When did you first start using NetBeans?
I first started using NetBeans about four months ago. Before that I was into Microsoft .Net and Visual Studio (Although I knew very little about these technologies to be frank!). Mr Rohan Ranade, Sun MicroSystems, Banglore, had visited our campus in January and gave a three day seminar on NetBeans and other Sun Technologies. It was he who inspired me to migrate to java and NetBeans, and since then I have started exploring NetBeans and developed a strong liking for it!

What do you like best about NetBeans?
Frankly speaking, I am still a relative newcomer in this area, so me commenting on the plus-es and minus-es of this fantastic IDE, might not be very appropriate. But, still I would try to highlight the main factors that proved to be the catalyst in making me fall in love with NetBeans :-).

1. NetBeans can be considered to be the front runner when it comes to satisfying the notion "The only IDE you need"! And I say that not because it is the tag line of NetBeans. Just look at the range of support NetBeans has offers for software development and you will realize it for yourself.

2. Wide range of robust API are provided for everything that you can think of. Module development support, and platform application development support are my personal favourites!

3. Opportunities for youngsters and students - NetBeans has opened up new spheres for students and youngsters like me and provide plenty of opportunities to contribute through plugins, community docs as well as mailing lists help us to interact with the best in business. What more can a newcomer ask?


Thank you Jay for great contributions! Hope to see more from you!

No comments: